Tuesday, August 10, 2010

VEGAN A-B-C Muffins

So my oldest daughter Jessica has decided to go vegan for a month.  In honor of that decision, I am posting a recipe for a Vegan muffin.  Let me just say ahead of time that, no, I have not tried this recipe so I can not really vouch for how they will taste, but the ingredients are normal, and most people will have them in their cupboard. The recipe comes from the website www.chooseveg.com.   If you try this recipe, please leave a comment to let us know what you think. 
I am very proud of your decision Jess and hope it works for you,
 you have more will-power than I do!!

A-B-C Muffins
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups apple juice
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup cashews, chopped

Preheat oven to 325 F.  Lightly oil the muffin pan. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.  Add the apple juice, apple, banana & cashews and stir well.  Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly raised and browned.  Makes 10-12 muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I AM SOOOOO EXCITED TO TRY THESE OUT! i am going to make them tomorrow. you are the BEST. love you!

    ReplyDelete